Keep out of Reach of Children
Do not use if
Indications and Usage
- Ferrex 150 may be used for the dietary management of iron deficiencies
- Ferrex 150 is contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to any of the components of this product. Hemochromatosis and Hemosiderosis are contraindications in the use of this dietary supplement
- This product contains FD&C Yellow #5 Lake (tartrazine), which may cause allergic-type reactions (including bronchial asthma) in certain susceptible persons. Although the overall incidence of FD&C Yellow #5 Lake (tartrazine) sensitivity in the general population is low. It is frequently seen in patients who also have an aspirin hypersensitivity.
- The type of anemia and the underlying cause or causes should be determined before initiating supplementation with Ferrex 150. Since the anemia may be a result of a systematic disturbance, such as a recurrent blood loss, the underlying cause or causes should be corrected if possible, Since oral iron products interfere with absorption of certain antibiotics, these products should not be taken within 2 hours of each other.
- Iron products could cause dark or black stools
- Adverse reactions with iron therapy may include constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, dark stool and abdominal pain. Adverse reactions with iron therapy are usually transient
- The clinical cause of acute iron overdose can be variable. Initial symptoms may include abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tarry stools, melena, hematemesis, hypotension, tachycardia, metabolic acidosis, hyperglycemia, dehydration, drowsiness, pallor, cyanosis, lassitude, seizures, shock and coma
Seek the advise of a healthcare professional before using this product if
* Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6
- Pregnant, Nursing or plan to become Pregnant
* In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or a Poison Control center right away
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Gelatin, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Polyethylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Croscarmellose Sodium, Titanium Dioxide, Polyvinylpyrrolidone, FD&C Yellow #5 Lake, FD&C Red #40 Lake, FD&C Red #3 Lake and FD&C Blue #1 Lake
* Contains FD&C Yellow #5 Lake (tartrazine) as a color additive
Content and information on Hargraves Online Healthcare is provided for informational purposes only. It is not meant to substitute the advice provided by one's physician or any other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing medication. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, immediately contact your health care provider. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. While we work extremely hard to ensure that all product information is correct, manufacturers sometimes change their logos, packaging and products. You should use our site as a reference, carefully read all product packaging, and contact the manufacturer with any questions before using a product. We are not liable for inaccuracies or misstatements about products. Customer reviews are provided for informational purposes only. Customer reviews reflect the individual reviewer's results and experiences only and are not verified or endorsed by Hargraves Online Healthcare. Actual results may vary among users.